Friday, January 2, 2009

A trip to Indiana and a brand new year!!

We traveled to Indiana first thing Christmas morning (and I mean FIRST thing....we were out of the house by 5am). However, we were in Indy by 10:30 and found Dad's smiling face waiting for us at the new Indianapolis airport. I about froze on our walk to the truck.....hello, COLD weather, but I survived and was happy to be home for the holidays! All of my siblings and their children made it to mom and dad's and we spent the long weekend hibernating in the house and watching many many hours of rock band....the men in the family were more obsessed with it than the children! I fell asleep many nights hearing the tap of the drums mixed with frequently off-key singing!

Uncle Andy rocks out with Kaylynn and Garrett!!
However, the true rockers were Andy, Andy, and Eric.
Grandma T. opens up her new pajamas!
The baby even got some gifts from his/her "big" cousins!

Andy helps Kaylynn and Garrett read about the chickens Debbie bought for them!

Thanks to Mom and Dad we also got to attend a Purdue men's basketball game. What great seats!! We were front row and had a fun time cheering on the Boilers.

We start the Boiler brainwashing nice and young =)

Aren't we cute in our matching shirts?!!


Dad sneaks into the picture with me and Eli!

We joined some of our dear friends for dinner on New Years at the Boathouse on Isle of Palms. Andy ate the biggest prime rib steak I have ever seen and I am convinced he is going into the new year with elevated cholesterol! It became more of pride issue by the end, but he finshed every last bite! Oh, how proud I am....grrr. We then went back to the Liegl's house and watched the countdown on TV, and then guess what.....played Guitar Hero until the wee hours of the morning! I think Rock Band and Guitar Hero are going to haunt me most of 2009. Happy New Year to all......may it be a healthy and happy year!

Andy, Stephanie, Lance, Kim, Emily, (Race, we missed you!), Jeff, & Christina

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! (yes, I was already in my pj's by midnight....give the pregnant lady a break! It was late!)

No comments: