Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A trip to the zoo!

We spent the morning at the Montgomery Zoo and had a great time despite the heat. We love any chance to get out of our tiny room and explore. Olivia learned about animals from all of the continents and even got to ride the train. There were several toddlers in our group and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the animals (or amnimals, as Mia would say!) through their eyes....the excitement was contagious =)

Olivia was such a good girl this morning and hung out in her pack and play singing with Mr. Worm so that mommy could get a shower!

Olivia learned that flamingos get their color based on what kind of shrimp they eat....she is such a smarty already!

We rode the train all through the zoo with our friends Mia, Caleb, and Candace. Caleb is a month older than Olivia, but they are just about the same size! hmmm.
Our friends Laura, Levi, Amanda, Allen, and the other Caleb rode the train too!
The train ride was SO exciting that Olivia decided she should nap through it!
This one is from the other day, but I had to share it because I just know that her Nana will love it ;)

2 comments:

The Jordan's said...

Sounds like a good time was had by everyone :) And your right, oohed and awed over pic's but the last one made me smile - so beautiful, hmm...she reminds me of someone that's in some pictures I have at home;) Hugs'n Kisses, Mom/aka Nana

Stephanie. said...

I knew you would like it!!