As I sit here looking through pictures I realize that there has been a lot going on the past seven days! Luckily, it has all been good stuff! This has been my first week home from work and I. LOVE. IT. Let me repeat - I. LOVE. IT! Granted, it has only been three days, but they have been splendid!
The tension that I was always carrying around in my neck is gone. The feeling that I was never where I really needed to be is gone. The hurried mornings and evenings are a thing of the past. We have had home-cooked meals every night this week, which is a far cry from the "what's for dinner" drama Andy and I always used to go through. I thought I would miss it a lot this first week, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Baby Girl has adjusted well too, I think. She has always been our "45 minute napper", but she has been sleeping for 2 hour stretches during the day this week without changing her nightly habits (still 7:30 bedtime, waking around 7am, with one feeding in between). She is still our happy girl and the list of cute things she has done that I would have missed by being at work is already a mile long!
Okay, I meant to simply post pictures, but I got to rambling. My apologies. Without further ado, here are some pictures of our life this past week.....such fun we have been having!
We walked in 'Light the Night' for leukemia research in support of Andy's mom. It was a great experience and I am sure we will do it again next year!
Olivia wore her Air Force jammies to bed Friday night in preparation for the big AF-Army game.
We call it 'Daddy Swap'!! Can you see Molly Paige holding Olivia's hand?! so cute.
We gathered with the Steinforts to cheer on Air Force against Army this past Saturday and had a great time They will be moving in January and we are not sure what we are going to do without them. They were one of our first friends when we moved here and we have shared many special times with them over the years.
Enjoying the sunshine during the game!
We broke down and bough Olivia a high chair! Feeding her in the Bumbo on the counter wasn't the best plan anymore. Ever since we were preggers I had planned on getting a cute wooden one that fit into our home decor. However, I saw this one on the Babies R Us website and I became a believer. It is 4 seats in 1!! How great is that? We won't have to buy another chair ever because it even came with a toddler booster seat. score! And Olivia has adjusted to it beautifully. She loves to hang out and play in it while I cook or clean in the kitchen.
We put an ice cube in this 'mesh feeder' and she LOVES it! She sits at the table in her big girl chair and chews on it while we have dinner each night.
Our happy girl!!
Is she smiling because Mommy is holding her or because Daddy is making faces at her?!
Her new favorite thing is to suck on a washcloth during bath. She screams anytime we take it away!
All snuggly and cute after her bath tonight.
3 comments:
cute pictures!! Glad you're having such a good time being home with Olivia! :o)
She makes me smile!
Nana misses you Olivia :( but you look so happy in your pictures you always make Nana smile :)
Post a Comment