Sunday, July 25, 2010

a moment.

I went out for a run this evening. I waited for the sun to go down because the heat down here is almost unbearable.  It was a nice change from my morning runs pushing the baby stroller.  Tonight's run provided opportunity for some thinking.  And I had a moment.  The kind of moment where you think "is this really my life? How can I be so blessed?"

Actually the big moment came while I was reflecting on all of the little moments that made up our day today - Andy taking Olivia downstairs early this morning so I could get a little more sleep.  Making it to church (for the first time in a long while) and having the opportunity to sit in the pew holding Andy's hand while we prayed.  Hearing that Olivia had a great time playing in the nursery.  Enjoying lunch as a family at a cute little cafe downtown.  Olivia never fussing one bit - she simply sat in her highchair eating and making faces at us.  Sitting in the rocking chair, before putting Olivia to bed, with her snuggled on my lap while Andy sat across from us on the stool reading bedtime stories. Olivia going to bed without a peep for the third night in a row (without nursing!). Coming across an email that I had typed to my girlfriends explaining the day Andy proposed to me, as well as seeing the pictures of him on bended knee.  What an unexpected find in my email box!  It provided such a 'moment' because Andy and I read it together and let the email take us back to those feelings of fresh love and anticipation for the future.  Now we are in that future together and  my heart loves him and our life together even more than I thought possible. 

And now my heart is so full of thanks that I can't keep from smiling, and that is such a great state of mind to be in.  Looks like my run tonight was about much more than exercise!

p.s. I hear Andy pulling into the garage....he went out to get me ice cream!  Ahhh, now this will be a moment for sure!

1 comment:

michelle and brandon said...

Oh, Stephanie what a great post! I'm so glad you were able to have that moment!

PS: isn't caviar and bananas grand?!