Thursday, November 25, 2010

a list of thankful.

                             "Thankfulness is an act" 
This was the message that struck me the most this morning at church.  I will try my best to act out in thankfulness as often as I can, not just today, but always.  I know I am not always as thankful as I should be, nor do I do enough acts to show off the thankfulness I feel in my heart.  However, today I am going to start. 

My first act of being thankful is a list.  One that is in no particular order, but is a glimpse into my thankful heart. 

I am thankful for.....
1. the ability to freely worship God
2. a healthy daughter
3. a husband who loves me even when I am pretty un-lovable (hard to believe, I know...)
4. the smell of the Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie coming from my oven
5. to be sharing this holiday with friends, who really feel more like family, when we can't be with our God-given families
6. ice cream
7. baby snuggles in the morning
8. the amazing opportunity to be a stay-at-home-mom with Baby Girl
9. my education
10. that I grew up on a farm where we learned the importance of hard work
11. coming from a family where love and hugs are free flowing
12. good friends, who's friendship doesn't skip a beat even when the time between face to face visits seems to grow longer with each passing year
13. leggings with an elastic waist (that I may or may not be wearing in honor of this holiday;)
14. a house that has become our home
15. music! - it keeps us moving and smiling!
16. the Internet - it makes the world just a little bit smaller!
17. selfless people who choose to serve our country
18. bubbles  and Elmo (well, those may be from Baby Girl's list, but I thought I'd share them!)
19. my good health
20. that you all read this blog! =)

Happy Thanksgiving from our thankful hearts to yours!

2 comments:

Cay said...

And we, Stephanie, are thankful for you, your love of life and the beautiful way in which you live it. You were that way as a child and continue to grow more beautiful, in body, spirit and soul.
Love, Your Family

Stephanie. said...

Thanks, Mom! I am very thankful for you! Love you.