Dada is coming home! from Stephanie Allen on Vimeo.
| we left the house at 6am for the return! wow, that's early! |
I worked hard to prep Baby Girl for Dada's homecoming. She is a bit a lot unsure of strangers, and despite frequent Skype and phone calls I was worried of her reaction to Andy. She was so excited to see the airplane and understood that Daddy was on it. When he made his way to us she wasn't ready for him to hold her or to give him kisses, but she kept pointing at him and saying 'dada' over and over. She finally warmed up to him when we were about to drive home and then when we got home, she wanted nothing but 'dada!'. Praise God! I had been praying and praying that she would respond well to him and it seems that my prayers were answered.
| the initial moment...please disregard my double, err triple chin! and who is Andy looking at, anyhow?!! |
| ahhh, finally she was ready to welcome him home! |
So, our family is back as it should be! Hooray for that and for all of the other families that were reunited yesterday. Our prayers remain with those who are still separated. That never changes.
2 comments:
So sweet! Glad Andy is back home and Olivia is enjoying Dada time! I agree that homecomings are so awesome and I think they certainly make the separations easier. Enjoy the homecoming bliss/honeymoon time. :)
The reunion made me cry. pic. of Olivia with the flag!!!!Should be on the cover of a magazine! I cant wait for my baby girl to come HOME!! I need another tissue.LOL
Post a Comment