Monday, July 11, 2011

and so it begins.

The packers are here today!  Our upstairs is nearly all boxes by this point.  It has been a busy morning, but I have decided that I am best suited to stay out of the way at this point.  I have organized and sorted all of the things I don't want them to pack and thrown out as much as I can.  Now I just wait for them to box up our memories!  Olivia is having a play date with Sarah all day today, so I have a few minutes to put my feet up and blog!  Although I must admit that it feels odd to have a little bit of free time on "packing day".  I guess you get what you pay for (or what the government pays for in our case;)
I am not sure how much longer we will have Internet (or if the signal will be strong enough when I am mooching off our neighbor's unsecured network;), so I want to share these pictures now before life really gets too complicated to even consider it!

On Friday was Andy's going away luncheon.  There was a great turn-out and his bosses had lots of nice things to say about his leadership, dedication to the AF, his flying skills, and most importantly his integrity. 

I figure that leaving either provides the opportunity for people to tell you what they've always thought of you, or to make some good stuff up to send you away with a smile!  I think in Andy's case it is definitely the first! 


















Gillian and Olivia

Last night my sweet neighbor Emily hosted a farewell get-together for our Bible Study group.  They had an ice-cream bar in my honor!  How fitting ;)   They also surprised me with gifts for baby boy!  It was a wonderful night of fellowship and laughter and I will miss each of those ladies.  I have learned so much about mothering and living God's way through my study with them.  My Christian growth the last few years is undoubtedly due to their influence.  What a blessing!
some of the gang at the ice-cream buffet!
with the 2 Emilys!

 on the left....the great host and friend Emily!



and on the right....with Beth who is due a week after me with her third boy!



 As our move stares us straight in the nose, I have so many emotions.  Most of them I cannot even describe despite my best efforts.  I know that I feel excited for our next adventure, a little overwhelmed with all that is to come in the next 2 months (organizing a new house, having a new baby!, and adjusting a toddler to her new surroundings), sad about leaving behind our friends, and emotional about leaving a city and community that has been the backdrop for the beginning of my life with Andy.  Beyond identifying some of those emotions I cannot put into words how my heart is feeling.

However, what I do know is that I need to take orders from the three packers and go on a lunch run........and so we quickly exit back to reality!  

Till next time (the when and where is still to be determined!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah! I'm so glad you were able to leave this post before you move! I just love the fact that you have this blog and I can keep up with you and your precious family as God takes you on this great adventure out west! I had so much fun getting to know you the last 5 months or so. You are such a dear friend already and I thank God for bringing you in my life. I'm sad to see you moving already (*sniff sniff*) but I know this isn't goodbye. We'll stay in touch... besides I feel I have a great connection with you because you are a Hoosier girl. lots of hugs Steph!! post again soon!! :) - beth.