Monday was a rough day. I kept Olivia home from school as she still had a bad cough and runny nose (thanks to the germs she gets exposed to at school...eeks!) and Carter had the worst night of sleep he's ever had on Sunday. He was up most of the night screaming and crying and nothing we could do would calm him. When he would finally settle in and fall asleep, it would last about 20 minutes and then the screaming would commence again! ugh. Poor little fella. He's been showing lots of signs and symptoms of reflux and I am convinced that is the culprit for his painful cries, but the doctor told me otherwise yesterday. Good to know the doctor knows my son better than I do.......however, that
We made it through the day and we even had a few minutes of fun along the way! Tuesday was much better as Olivia took a marathon nap (I had to wake her at 3 hrs and 15 minutes because it was nearing dinner time!!) and she never ever does that. So, needless to say, I got in nice long nap along with Carter. It was nearly a perfect afternoon! On a side note, I sometimes have some guilt over how happy it makes me when my children are sleeping! As their mother, shouldn't I love the time I get to spend with them more than the time they are peacefully sleeping?! Probably, but nothing can compare to the contentment I have in my heart when they are snoozing away in their beds and I can have a few moments to myself! Shame on me, I suppose.
Wednesday was a morning filled with doctor appointments for both myself and Carter. Of course, Olivia was in tow for the whole process because Andy was flying. We really need to work on his flying schedule ;) Actually, we just need to find a sitter or someone that is willing to keep Olivia for some play dates here and there! Where is my old neighbor Emily when I need her?!?!!! I really do miss you, Emily! We survived the appointments and had a lazy afternoon playing at home. I would consider the day a success.
Now we have arrived at Thursday. Olivia is in school - hooray!- and I'm able to relax a bit while Carter sleeps. I've even found some time to clean the kitchen and switch out some laundry. Other big item on my list include a shower and grocery shopping. What an exciting life I'm leading these days, huh?! ha.
In other BIG news......
Olivia pooped in the potty last night!!!
She has mastered going pee-pee (don't you love my technical terms!), but pooping has been a battle. However, we had a break-through last night and our girl did it! We hooted, hollered, and celebrated like the Braves had just won the World Series! (like that will ever happen again;)
She got to ride in Daddy's truck (a big deal for her!) to go pick out a new toy from the store! Her grin was priceless. Piggy-backing on that, I sent her to school in panties today! I figured it was about time to brave it since she is nearly accident free at home and with me. I hope she does just as well with her teachers and the distraction of school, but we will have to see how she does!
Okay.....crying baby. Must go!
1 comment:
Oh but isn't solo when Daddy will be home for dinner and bed time SO much better than seriously solo for weeks at a time!? : ) I know you think it is!
And you should NOT feel guilty for enjoying your peaceful moments with babies sleeping. They need that sleep and you need YOU time!
Looking forward to being nearly neighbors soon. Then you can drop Olivia off anytime you have doctor-visits galore! Seriously.
Post a Comment