Disclaimer.....people who know me well will not find this post shocking. However, if you aren't so familiar with me, you may think I'm strange. Go ahead. I'm okay with it!
When I was in high school and college I would have days (or moments) where I would just feel SO excited!! I would be oozing with happiness and excitement and the smile just wouldn't come off of my face! I would try and try to explain the feeling to my girlfriends with no success. One day I came up with the "little man" explanation, and they thought I was crazy, but it got the point across! In fact, I still have days where a friend will text or call just to "see how my little man is feeling'?!
Sooooo, my "little man" explanation goes like this......there is a little man (an adorable older one with great hair, a cane, and pressed khaki pants) who lives inside of my body. He likes to hang out and read or contemplate life mostly. However, some days he gets all worked up and just starts dancing!! He can't control himself and bounces and dances around like wild! When he does this, my heart races and I just feel so excited!! There are times where his dancing is expected, like a fun get together with friends or my birthday, but there are other times where I can't really explain it. I am just going through my normal every day life, and BAHM he starts to dance!! The result? I get a silly grin on my face and my heart and mind start to race!
If one of my dear friends were to see me today they would surely say "ahhh, her little man is dancing"!! I can't stop smiling! I feel all excited inside! I can't figure out for sure what got the little man dancing all around, but I think it has to do with the following:
-I joined Pinterest last night. An online pin board sounds terrible boring........but it totally is not! I think I may have found a new addiction in my life! I even found the free app on my iPhone so I can "pin" anytime I like!
-Carter sleeps 5-6 hours on his first sleep of the night and 3-4 hours on his second. For example, last night I fed him at 10pm before I went to bed, he woke at 3am to eat, and then again at 7am for the day! Wow! Only getting up once in the night to feed my 6 week old has made me sort of giddy inside!
-I already have dinner set for tonight!......I heart my crock-pot (even though the handle on the lid has broken so I have to open it with tongs...)
-Olivia is at school today! (can I get an amen?!) She seriously wears me out and having the house quiet for the day is food for my soul.
-I survived my first trip to the grocery with both kids yesterday! Whew, glad I got that over with!
-Andy and I are going on a date tomorrow night! Olivia's school has a 'Parent's Night Out' once a month so we are dropping both kiddos off and heading out to dinner!
Hope y'all are having a great Thursday and that you can find some reasons to make your little man dance!
4 comments:
I never knew about this little man! But it makes me happy that you are happy! :)
And here your father & I have always said you were just "In Love With Life"!!
ps..I know what you mean about "you just start dancin'" :)
Wish we could be the one's your sweet babies are being "dropped off" to :(
Love MOM
i love love love this little analogy! and i'll be sure to ask you about him in the future... : )
YEA! for the dancing little man! How funny! This brought a smile to my face. I think we all can find a reason for our little man to dance...thanks for the reminder. :)
Post a Comment