Monday, April 30, 2012

fun with the Canadians!

We had our first non-family visitors last week!  It was super exciting because we weren't sure when we would get to see the Steinforts since they moved to Canada.  I guess I should explain the friendship from the beginning - Andy first met Emily and Race while in college in Colorado, I came into the  friendship while we all lived in Charleston, (we spent 6 years together there and they had Molly Paige and we had Olivia), then they moved to California!  It was a sad goodbye 2.5 years ago, but even the Air Force can't keep good friends from finding ways to visit each other!

The Steinforts now live in Canada (what a geography lesson, huh?!), but they were on their way to Texas so they stopped to see us in Oklahoma!   haha.  Sorry for all of that.  I just got started with the state naming and I couldn't quit!  However, it does go to show that true friendships will last no matter where you live!

We spent Friday morning at the park:

We spent Friday afternoon playing in the backyard and enjoying several pitchers of margaritas!
mmmmmm!
Emily trying to teach Olivia to do "popcorn" on the trampoline
I had lots of help gardening!
We went out to dinner Friday night.....
and had a "till next time" type of goodbye on Saturday morning (after pancakes, of course!)...


We are so thankful for Emily and Molly Paige being able to stop by for a quick visit! Perhaps the Air Force will let us all live in the same place again.  Until then, we will continue chasing each other from state to state and country to country to keep our friendship going!

No comments: