Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First day of school.

Today Olivia started "school". She is in a preschool program three mornings a week at Altus Christian Academy. We went back and forth on whether to enroll her back in her Mothers's Day Out program from last year (which we loved!) or to start her at ACA. From the parents meeting and the first day experience we had today, I know we made the right decision.

Her classroom is amazing and I am excited for all she is going to learn this year (Biblically, socially, and academically)! She was a bundle of energy this morning and seemed to really enjoy herself. I could be all heartfelt right now and type about how she seemed like such a big girl, but both kiddos are about to wake, I've got laundry to put away and fold, and truthfully I just don't feel like getting emotional right now! ;)

Now, onto the pictures! There are some from my phone and from our real camera...

Our sweet girl posing before we left the house. Everyone was up and ready by 7:45! We are always up by then, but not dressed and fed ;)

The deer in headlighhts look just after we got in the classroom! Ha! There was a lot going on and I'm sure it seemed overwhelming! I think Carter is giving her a sympathy stare.

Our view of her as we left. She was getting a sticker with her name on it. There were no tears from her or from me! Truth be told, as much as I love summer relaxation, I am ready to get in a routine again. I think it's good for all of us.

When we went to pick her up, she was still all smiles! We stopped at Sonic for a "blue slushy" treat, one of her very favorite things!

 

 

 

 

Rewind to Tuesday.......we went and explored her classroom. Here she is being shy with her teacher Mrs. Broussard!

Olivia was thrilled to see her little friend Gavin. They were together last year at Mom's Day Out and have a sweet friendship. They played and checked things out together.

Three cheers for a great start to the school year!!

 

2 comments:

lanemom2 said...

Yea for Olivia!! We jsut decided this past weekend to place SF in the 2 day a week 3yr old program at our church. I am nervous about it, but I think she will have alot of fun. These girls are getting SO big!

Rachel said...

Hooray for a good first day of school! I hope it is a great year for her... and you!