Girlfriends gathered for a night out on the town to celebrate my friend Jessica's 30th birthday. Jess has been a busy mom over the past year raising Aidan (aka. the "little man") and definitely deserved a night that was all about her! We celebrated with lots of food at Grill 225 in downtown Charleston and then moved on to the wine bar 'Social'. Our friend Hannah even flew down from Delaware to surprise Jess and join in on the party!
Andy originally thought he was included in the plans (..."you mean I don't get to enjoy a night downtown?!"), but he got over the disappointment and was the family representative at a cook-out for his squadron. He ate free hot dogs and I dined on a multi-course meal from a premier restaurant. Personally, I do not have a problem with the conclusion! =)
"Liz and Hannah.....come out so we can see your smiles!"
"Jessica gets a special dessert along with a rendition of Happy Birthday!"
Me with my friend Liz
Andy continues to study and fly for his SOLL II upgrade and is doing well with it, or so it seems. I only have two days of work this week because I am headed home for a visit with my family and then on Saturday will celebrate Purdue Homecoming! Tailgate and football, here I come! Andy can't arrive until late Friday night, but he will be just in time for the tailgate. There will be a cornhole tournament on Saturday morning so Andy and I have already been discussing strategy! Fellow tailgaters....consider yourselves warned!! We are anticipating another Allen family victory! (see previous post!)
1 comment:
have a good trip and good luck with the cornhole tournament!!
Post a Comment