Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back home again in Indiana...

We made a non-holiday trip back to Indiana to share in Purdue Homecoming. I was able to fly in mid-week and get some bonding time in with my family, and Andy made it in late Friday night for the big tailgate weekend! Cathy and Eli were there from Oklahoma; Andy M. couldn't make it due to some AF training he was involved with, and we missed him terribly! The Schers made it as well, although Kaylynn had to miss a soccer game where her team was in the final game of the tournament! Kelly and Eric said they had a lesson about "priorities" and how family always tops that list, but I know that some tears were shed. Lessons are hard to learn at any age, but especially when you are only nine! However, I think the fun times that we all had as a family will make better memories for her than one more soccer game.

I will let the pictures tell the stories of our fabulous trip. There is nothing better than a visit with family!!
Eli got all dressed up in his boots and Wrangler jeans to go to the Pumpkin Patch!

Papa helps Eli pick out his favorite pumpkin!


Kaylynn and Garrett got free rides to the stadium, thanks to Andy and Eric!
Kaylynn measuring the exact distance for her new tailgating game.
Uncle Andy works with Garrett on his throwing and catching skills! (with beer in hand:)



Joemamma even showed up for the day! We realized we hadn't seen one another since he was in our wedding, and that was 2 1/2 years ago! That is WAY too long.


After the game we all headed back to Mom and Dad's and spent the rest of the weekend there. Kaylynn and Garrett had to work with their pigs since they are taking them to a show in Louisville next weekend, and Eli was more than thrilled to help out! Papa loved having his grand kids out the in the barn with him and let Eli feed the pigs an entire bag of marshmallows! I never remember him letting us girls do anything like that! He must be getting soft in his "grandpa years" =)



We hope you all have a great week! Besides election day, it is business as usual around here.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I love it!!!!! I'm so glad you got to go home and enjoy some bonding time!