Saturday, November 15, 2008

A night aboard "The World"

We were lucky enough to be hosted aboard 'The World' last weekend to join some friend's parents who were in town on the ship. This ship is unique in that it is a private community where the apartments are owned so that you can travel the world from "the comforts of your own home". You are free to get on and off at your own leisure and can decorate your apartment however you would like. The World docked in Charleston for a few days and that is when we were invited aboard for a private dinner and tour. Wow, was it incredible! We decided that we should start saving our pennies now so that we can experience something this wonderful during our retirement!

You can see details of the ship here http://www.aboardtheworld.com/

The pictures do nothing to capture the glamour of the evening, but I will share them anyways. I felt silly taking pictures during the tour, so there are not many from that. I almost felt like the ship was sacred and I shouldn't mock it by pulling out my camera after every turn we made!!
The main lobby set the precedent for the beauty of the entire ship.

The putting greens on the top deck!

The pool is on the top deck too!!

Andy and a beautiful sunset.
Our private dinner was served here and was absolutely delicious.


After a wonderful night of friends and food, we stayed downtown at a great hotel and our balcony overlooked the Charleston harbor. What a view! We got breakfast served in bed and enjoyed feeling like tourists in our own town!



3 comments:

J Dub said...

Is that the Harbour View Inn?

Kacey and I stayed there two nights right after our wedding, before the honeymoon.

Stephanie. said...

Good eye, JWest. It is the Harbor View Inn!

Michelle said...

How beautiful! Looks like you had a great time!