Sunday, February 15, 2009
24 weeks
We have made it to 24 weeks - the stage the medical community calls "viability". Essentially, they feel that little ones have a shot at making it outside the womb from this point forward. Ahhh, it feels nice to be here! I am finally feeling calm about this entire "we are having a baby" scenario and I do not have to convince myself that I am preggers anymore. Baby Girl keeps me well aware of her existence by her acrobatics in my belly! And, as you can tell from the pictures taken just a little bit ago, I have a visual reminder every time I look down!
We began our Bradley classes last week and will get a few more in before Andy leaves and then pick back up with the instructor after his return. We will be on the fast track of learning at that point (because we will be 3 or 4 weeks from delivery), but we at least have the materials so we can learn now on our own during the break from classes. We both believe in the methods taught with this philosophy and are confident that we can have a natural birth for our little girl. The entire idea is based on preparing your body prior to the birth and having a supportive and knowledgeable "coach" alongside the mother. (hence the name 'Husband Coached Childbirth' by Dr. Bradley). We will see what the actual day brings, but we want to be as prepared as possible so that we can keep Baby Girl safe from any drug exposure. 
We hope y'all have a great week! I will be in Myrtle Beach for 4 days at a work conference and Andy will continue the 'working too hard at the office/bury himself in school work/mix some flying in as well' scenario that he has been living the last few weeks. At times, I feel as if he is deployed already because of the lack of time we get to spend together. However, this too shall pass, right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOVE THE BELLY!! KEEP UP THE GOOD ACROBATS LITTLE NIECE. :)
lG. T loved the pictures :) ( as did we!)
Post a Comment