Ten reasons it is no fun to have a husband deployed and be 8 months preggo at the same time...
1. No free back rubs.....I now pay a massage therapist
2. I have to make my own dinner (and breakfast and lunch too, for that matter)
3. I feel guilty watching my neighbor mow the lawn for me (I am preggo, not disabled, but the neighbor and Andy insist on this scenario)
4. I worry that I will have issue with giving half of the bed back upon his return...the cat, a plethora of pillows, and my preggo self have taken it over quite nicely
5. I have a bit of anxiety everyday as I struggle to get my own shoes tied
6. The ladder is too heavy to get down off the wall in the garage and I again had to bother my neighbor
7. I cringe at the thought of something bad happening to the baby or going into preterm labor and him not being here
8. I just plain miss him at times
9. The thought has crossed my mind that I will need to hold up a sign on the day the squadron returns so that Andy can recognize me in my new "blossomed" state....27 lbs can change you into a much larger version than what he remembers
10. It is sad to think of all of the changes and baby movements that he has missed along the way
And just to keep a little perspective in my life,
Ten reasons why it is not so bad after all...
1. I have the entire bed to myself
2. I don't have to compete with the X-Box or Guitar Hero for attention
3. I can choose from two vehicles every time I go out into the garage....sort of like being rich, right?!
4. I get to experience a fun little heart flutter each evening when he calls to check on me and wish me goodnight
5. There is plenty of time for ME and all of the things that I find fun
6. I didn't have to watch him mope around after Duke got beat in the tournament
7. There is no guilt when I let the dishes pile up, don't fold the laundry right away, leave the bed unmade, or do any of the things that I don't let him get away with
8. My mom is coming to visit because she thinks I need some company!
9. We spend a lot less money.....and have you ever heard of a tax-free?!?!
10. Each day we spend apart makes me appreciate him and our awesome relationship just a little bit more
7 comments:
Made me cry - that was special!
No need for tears....this was posted with a happy vibe! =)
Aside from the pregnancy bit... I totally agree with all of your reasons it's not so bad after all! :o) But I am so excited for them to get home!!
great post indeed! you're an encouragement to me.
They were happy tears!!!
Ah, maybe you are your mother's daughter after all as all "20" make perfect sense to me...I cannot wait to see you in a few days (Um, trust me, Andy WILL NOT need a sign to figure out where the love of his life is standing/sitting at!!)
I agree...great post! Hope your hubby can check your site from overseas, so he can appreciate it. Love you! Wish we were able to see you more.
Post a Comment