Saturday, May 9, 2009

March of Dimes

Mom plays "grandma" and pushes the twins!
A few weeks ago I participated in the March of Dimes along with my mother and a group of friends. I became involved with this after our godchildren were born at 28 weeks. They are now healthy and active 2 year olds and the money that March of Dimes raises each year undoubtedly played a role in saving their lives. More recently, as you all know, the triplets were born at 30 weeks and they had a long stay in the NICU. Brady's life may have been short, but prior research on saving premature babies kept him with us for those precious 13 days. I encourage you to find your local March of Dimes (also called March for Babies) and participate next year! You can also make a donation to this cause through their website if you missed the walk this year.

Grace and Grant (our godchildren) enjoy their hotdogs after the walk.

It may seem like a cause that has no impact on your life, but you never know what the future may hold. Andy and I had no knowledge of this program and now over the last 2 years we have had premature births affect our 2 godchildren and our most recent nephews and niece. Five babies in 2 years....that is enough to make me a supporter!

Visiting with Matt and the his twin girls after the 3 mile walk.

No comments: