Today is our due date and I am still preggers...Baby Girl must be nice and cozy inside my belly! We were hoping for great news at the doctor this morning (such as, "WOW....you are ready to push and need to go to the hospital ASAP. I can't believe you didn't know you were contracting and didn't feel any pain through the entire first stage of labor!!";) However, the conversation went more like, "there is still time for your body to go into labor spontaneously, but we can't wait forever".



So, Andy & I went to Poe's to think things through/commiserate with one another. There isn't anything a tasty lunch by the beach won't help. Besides, I got to look at this face through my entire meal....(well, he didn't hold that pose the entire time, but I still enjoyed looking up and seeing him)
Also, the continued pregnancy has allowed us to get another belly shot. The outfit is the same as the 38 week pics....sorry for my limited wardrobe. Besides, maybe it will make comparisons a little easier?! Feel free to insert comments such as "you really have dropped, Stephanie! I am sure the delivery will be any day/minute/second from now!", even if they aren't heartfelt. I don't think the little white lie will haunt you for toooo long....
Happy June 9th! I hope you are all having a great day=) I think I will enjoy some more of my pre-baby vacation and take a nap and possibly go to the pool. Keep checking back for baby news....or for "I am still preggers" news....your guess is as good as mine!
13 comments:
The belly has dropped some! It looks like it from the side shots anyways. Hopefully you'll be welcoming Baby Girl soon! :o)
Is that a variation of Blue Steel?
Nope, that's Ferrari...I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career."
I can just feel it..I know we will be meeting Baby Girl any day/minute/second now! You must be making quite a cozy home for her in there, she just doesn't want to leave. I'm going to go with the 11th, only because I would like to hang out with you at the Wescott pool tomorrow... :)
A bit different looking, I agree. And yes, Baby Girl is her "mothers daughter" as I had the experience of waiting 14 days past due date for you! We cannot wait to be heading south though - I've been leaving notes at work daily only to take them off the files the next day and put them on again b/4 leaving again..:) LOVE YOU SO MUCH and anxious for "THE" call
MOM & DAD
PS - I agree w/Jennifer on the date :) good things happen on the 11th ya know!
You already know this, but I had a dream that you were in labor last night, so I think it will be soon. I think she will come on 6-12 because that is double her cousins' birthdate of 3-6!! I was right about their arrival... :)
you really have dropped, Stephanie! I am sure the delivery will be any day/minute/second from now!
haha, sorry i couldn't resist. I know you'll get that little munchkin in your arms (and out of your belly) soon!!
btw, I was born on the 12th (which incidentally is Valentine's day in Brazil)! so the 12th is a good day, too!
Definitely dropped!
Who am I kidding? I don't know what that really means. You still look great though. And I'm praying...
Though seeing you at the pool tomorrow would be great.
Andy, Ferrari is very impressive.
All I know is that I only have one more baby hat to knit (that'll make 5) and it will be finished tomorrow, so we are ready to head to Charleston as soon as little girl Allen decides to appear. Or I could knit it on the way down and you could go into labor tonight!!! How's that for an idea?
It does look like you dropped mayb an inch lol. Hope you have your lil girl soon, I know it hast to be getting really uncomfortable with being summer. But you do look good. Hope for the news of her arrival soon.
Post a Comment