Wednesday, September 2, 2009

a graduate, good friends, and the other man in my life.

Andy graduated from Squadron Officer School and we were able to pack up the car and leave Alabama in the dust! We are so glad that we could all three be together these past 5 weeks, but were so thankful to be back in our own house. We definitely have a new appreciation for our spacious home and all of the 'props' that we have to help keep Olivia occupied and happy! She has quickly readjusted to life at home and seems more relaxed. We haven't battled bedtime (knock on wood) since being home and she has gotten lots of quality time in her swing and bouncy seat already. I think she was even excited to be back in her crib! But most of all, she and I were excited to have the rocking chair and ottoman for our nursing sessions!

We got right back into the normal pattern of life here in Charleston and were at a cook-out with dear friends within 20 hours of being home! We loved catching up and sharing Olivia with them. Everyone agrees that she has GROWN! She gave out some smiles and even pleased the crowd by cooing and talking a bit. What a little sweetheart!





Andy and Jamil talk all things baby (or so it appears!)

Jennifer and Kacey love on Olivia!

Molly Paige shared her mommy for a bit so that Emily could snuggle with Olivia!

Sunday morning found us on the road again (we weren't even home 48 hours!), but this trip was well worth it! We had tenth row tickets to Kenny Chesney for a belated anniversary treat! Kenny is my favorite artist. I have all of his albums and have been to many concerts over the years. In fact, I listen to his music so much that I had a fear while I was preggers that Olivia may think Kenny was her father because she heard his voice a lot more than Andy's due to the deployment! I thought that all the time after I read that baby's can recognize their father's voice when born from hearing it all of the time in utero. However, she seems to recognize Andy these days, so we are all safe! =)

We were supposed to leave Olivia with Andy's parents for the night to have our first 'getaway', but we cannot leave Olivia overnight due to the bottle situation. Therefore, Andy's mother met us in Raleigh and stayed with Olivia in the hotel while we went to the concert! Oh, the things grandmothers will do, right?! Thank you, Debbie, for making the trip and allowing us some time alone! It was fantastic......how could it not be when you are this close to Kenny? (no zoom necessary!)

2 comments:

Hope 365 said...

So glad you are home again and that you got to see your other love...If I remember right, Andy's a pretty big fan too! We miss you terribly and love every picture we can get!!

Andrea said...

What a fun night! It looks like it was a good time! Not to brag....but in 2001, I had SECOND row seats to Kenny and then my friend and I met him after the concert(we had backstage passes). Let me tell you, he is short!! But he was very nice and it was a good time! Olivia has grown so much, she is too cute!!