Sunday, May 9, 2010

a day for mothers...

.....what a great idea!  I would like to kiss the person who created this holiday because I have felt special all day long.  Baby Girl and Andy got me a gift certificate for a deliciously long massage and a facial and I cannot wait to get to the spa and cash it in!  

We spent the afternoon together at Waterfront Park enjoying the harbor views and the sunshine.  Baby Girl even got some quality time in the swings at the park.

I had planned to write something sweet and catchy about being a mother, but my mind isn't really feeling it tonight.  However, I will say that being Olivia's mother is the most amazing blessing of my life.  I love her more than I could have ever imagined and sometimes just looking at her brings me to tears (happy ones!). 

I pray daily for God's guidance in being a good mother because she deserves only the best.  It isn't always easy being her mommy, but it is the greatest joy of my life! 

2 comments:

Deb said...

...and your mother feels the same way about you, and I feel the same way about Andy!!! And being a grandmother to such a beautiful sweet girl is just icing on the cake. Isn't it a wonderful feeling?

Cay said...

DITTO DITTO DITTO regarding Deb's message...love the pictures..water looks almost as beautiful as the "two" daughters (mine & yours!)