Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday afternoon thoughts...

It has been a whole week since my last post!  How did that happen?  I thought that I was supposed to have all kinds of free time since becoming a SAHM!  Well, perhaps that is true when you have a newborn, but having a near-toddler around the house has changed things considerably!  I can no longer sit on the couch on my laptop while she plays on the floor....she is too curious for her own good and instantly races in my direction when she sees the screen light up.  I have trouble making phone calls when she is awake because she WANTS the phone in a bad way.  The kind of way that ends with tears and screams when she doesn't get to hold it.  She has become a little more clingy as we continue to go through her top teeth coming through and she likes my attention more often than not!  Soooo, all of that severly limits any free time, but I don't think that is a bad thing; I was probably on the computer too much anyways.   However, I know I have anxious grandparents that like to get several updates and pictures on Baby Girl each week, so I will do my best to get a few posts in during naptime and bedtimes. 

We have had a nice day at home today.  We should have gone to church, but Andy was finishing up some homework and we decided to let him do that and to let Olivia get in her morning nap.  I feel guilty for not choosing church, but something has to give sometimes. 

Overall, it has been a busy week!  I was putting together the final preperations for a baby sprinkle I helped host yesterday as well as kicked into full swing on Olivia's birthday plans.  My little side-kick doesn't always allow for me to be as mobile or productive as I would like, so things are getting completed in random chunks, but they are getting accomplished.  I worked Friday and am again Monday, so that completely consumes those days.  Andy's flying schedule worked out that he was home those particular days (flying at night), so he has taken care of Olivia.  It was nice to not have to worry about finding a sitter.  

On another random note......the Grey's Anatomy season finale completely freaked me out!!  I was in hysterics.  Not sure if any of you are still holding off on watching it, so I will leave out the details, but holy cow it was intense.  I have never been so consumed by a TV show in my entire life.  We had to take a break and walk around outside for a bit because I was freaking out!  If you haven't watched it, prepare yourself!

Okay, Baby Girl is awake so I will end my ramblings.  Enjoy some pictures of the Baby Sprinkle that myself and two other friends hosted for our dear friend DeDe.  She, her husband, and sweet son will be welcoming the new baby sometime soon!
We used old wives tales to try and determine if she is carrying a boy or a girl.  Our guess is that she has a sweet baby girl inside her adorable baby bump!
We had a candy station so guests could fill up on some sweet treats on their way out the door!  Yummy!

Grandpa has requested some new videos so here are a few for you.  Nothing exciting, but you will get to see Baby Girls' sweet face none-the-less =)   (they may be fuzzy?!?  not sure why...)

Just playing around.....
Crawling on Daddy from Stephanie Allen on Vimeo.


Playing in the cabinet....
Playing in the cabinet from Stephanie Allen on Vimeo.


4 comments:

Deb said...

Grandma and Grandpa thank you very very much. We live for the pictures!!!

Karianne said...

I had never heard of a baby sprinkle before! What a great idea! Hope you are doing fabulous Stephanie!

Cay said...

Ha - what a great sight to see after working in the heat today! I especially love the "hi" "hi" captured while cruisin' around - sooo adorable :) Hugs n Love from Nana

Becca said...

She is too cute! I hope you guys are doing well!