Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Eleventh month recap...

I am behind.  Between the party, family visiting, throwing out my back, and just being lazy, I haven't gotten around to Olivia's eleventh month recap!  So I figured before she turns 13 months I should document what she was up to during her eleventh month :)

Weight: 20 lbs 1 oz  (50th percentile)
Height: 31.5 inches  (still off the percentile charts!)

Napping: Two naps a day ranging in length from 1-2 hours.  Her morning nap begins anywhere from 9-9:30am and her afternoon somwhere between 1 and 1:30pm.  She sometimes goes down without a peep and other times cries and screams for just a bit before falling asleep; you just never can tell.

Night:  Ahh, this has been all over the place this month!  We had her sleeping through the night (11-12 hours straight) and then she got sick, and then some teeth broke through, and then we had family visiting....the excuses never seem to stop.  So, we have had nights where she sleeps through, nights where she is up once, and nights where she is up 4 or 5 times.  It has not been a good month in regards to night time sleeping!

Food: Olivia tries pretty much anything we put on her tray.  Now she may spit it back out, but she at least tries it, so I like that.  New foods this month include: grapes, turkey hot dogs, pancakes, quesadillas, grilled cheese, blueberries, salmon, spaghetti, and a myriad of other foods that I can't recall.  She is totally on table food and eats very well at all three meals.
Nursing:  four times a day

Skills: cruises on anything and everything, loves to walk around holding onto your fingers, imitates me in play (e.g., will pour her teapot into a cup and then put the cup to her mouth), climbs onto the coffee table, squats down to pick things up and stands right back up without losing her balance, "loves on her baby" by hugging her babydoll when we say those key words to her, gives high fives, uses a spoon with the correct form (although she is very messy;), kicks her feet in the pool, brushes her hair with her hairbrush, brushes her own teeth when we give her the toothbrush, crawls and pushes her cars around
Language:  This category is so fun!  Receptive language: crawls to the stairs when we say "time to take a bath" or "time to go to sleep", crawls into the kitchen when I say "do you want to eat?", points to my belly when I say "where's my belly?". Expressive language: new words this month include - that, hat, bath, and book.  She points to everything and says "that" (and I mean all day long!!)  I have changed my labeling method to just the name of the item because I think she picked up on me always saying "thats a xxxx" and has since begun to label everything as "that"! , responds with "num num" when I ask her if she wants to eat
Fun Facts: hates getting her diaper changed and log rolls and throws a HUGE fit most everytime I have to do it, is much happier now that she is facing forward in her big girl car seat, bops up and down anytime she hears music, cries most anytime I am on the phone because she wants it so badly (I am going to admit this is completely frustrating to me!  I feel trapped b.c I can't talk on the phone without her having a meltdown), likes to put things in and take them out of containers, likes to swing and go down her slide, continues to say "hi" and wave to most anything and everything, liked the cake and icing at her birthday party!, is a complete mommy's girl, loves to play with the neighbor kids and will even reach out for Ms. Emily to hold her, is cranky when she's hungry, doesn't like to crawl in the grass, is very ticklish, has 4 teeth, will stop fussing if I put on a Baby Einstein, and still likes to traumatize the cat!

1 comment:

Cay said...

thanks for updating us - Olivia is growing up soooo quickly!