Friday, June 4, 2010

feverish.

This is day 2 of Olivia having a low grade temperature. It has been lingering around 100 with a steady dose of Tylenol. She is hot, clingy, fussy, gets her feelings hurt easily, always needs mommy, and just plain doesn't feel good.  The doctor said it is a viral infection related to teething and that her ears look good.  We just have to wait it out because medicine won't help.  Poor, poor, thing. 

I haven't gotten a thing done while she has been awake.  Well, unless you count watching Baby Einstein and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with a little cutie snuggled in my lap, then yes I have been very productive! 

Last night I looked at the clock, saw it said 2am, and realized I had only gotten about 30 minutes of sleep up to that point.  ugh.  No wonder I have been dragging a bit today.  I just put Olivia down for her third nap of the day and we haven't done that in months!  Hopefully the extra sleep will help her little body heal and recover before her visitors start arriving!  (which happens from Monday through Saturday and will total 12 before we are said and done!)  Yes, yes, she MUST get better soon because I have a house to clean, and groceries to buy, and a birthday party to plan, and food to bake, and errands to run, and the list goes on and on and on.......

2 comments:

mm said...

Awww... poor Olivia! I hope she feels better soon - don't want her to be sick on her birthday!!

Cay said...

dust bunnies, errands and the like will all wait, baby girls wanting mommies arms to hold them close will all too soon grow - and Nana knows how to run the sweeper and get to the market (as do daddy's)....problem's solved!