Monday, July 5, 2010

a fun weekend and a walking girl.

We have been enjoying a long weekend together and have had such a great time with friends.  We have been to the beach, a pool party, and a cook-out all in the last three days.  Fun times, indeed!  Today Baby Girl was all dressed up in her red, white, and blue thanks to Grandma!
Olivia and her sweet friend Sarah enjoyed time together at the cook-out today.  They have both started walking in this past week, so I am not sure how I captured a shot of them sitting!
Our family at the pool on Saturday.  There was a jump castle, slides, music from a DJ, water races, yummy food, and lots of fun with friends!  Olivia had a ball playing around in the water.  A funny story - she was sitting in front of me on the steps so I couldn't see her face.  I kept hearing a child scream and so I would look around to see who it was.  Each and every time it happened I couldn't see anyone screaming around us so I would peak around at her face, and it was her!  She was enjoying herself and letting everyone know about it! ha.
Trying to escape in just her diaper and sporting a mo hawk from the sunscreen! 

Olivia has also decided that walking is much more fun that crawling and, as of today, it has become her choice method of locomotion.  She has been walking here and there for a few weeks now, but has now started to walk longer distances and is becoming more steady on her feet.  Here she is walking around in the grass this afternoon. 
Walking on July 4th from Stephanie Allen on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Cay said...

looks like everyone had a great July 4th holiday!