Monday, September 13, 2010

Indiana trip - fun with cousins.

A huge highlight from our trip was all of the time we got to spend with my sisters and their children.  I long for the day we all live nearby, and our children can grow up together (even if it will never become a reality).

Olivia, Drew, & Jordan are becoming quite the trio.  Each time we visit with them, Olivia learns some new skills and tricks from them.  She loves having the extra company around and would often squeal in delight when she saw one of them.
One of many meals together.

'Ring around the rosie' was a huge hit, especially to Olivia and Drew.  She thought it was hysterical to watch him fall down, but was never interested in falling down herself!  She has since begun to fall appropriately, but mostly prefers to just squat.  
 
Ring around the rosie. from Stephanie Allen on Vimeo.


Nana also got out the pool one morning.  Eli didn't even wait to change out of his pajamas before he started swimming!  Olivia got in and out a few times, but she mostly preferred walking around the yard.  Drew & Jordan, on the other hand, were little fishes! 
The little ones decided one afternoon to give each other kisses!  It was unprompted and hysterical!  It was hard to capture the cuteness in pictures (I could never get my timing right), but just imagine three toddlers sitting on the floor giving each other kisses on the lips and the cheeks.  Adorable!
Olivia even learned to make the kissing sound and pucker her lips while we were there! 

One of the main reasons for our trip was to help Mom & Dad build their new house.  They destructed Grandpa Jordan's old farmhouse and are adding on to it.  It will be there dream house when completed and we all are SOOOO excited for them!  It has been a labor of love, as they are doing most of the work themselves, which is quite a feat considering they both have full time jobs and commitments to several extra curricular organizations.  Andy learned a lot about carpentry while there because he helped build the front porch.  Doesn't it look great?!
 Mom and Dad also got a new beagle puppy for the grand kids!  Kaylynn picked his name and none of the little ones objected.  Therefore, I introduce the newest member of the Jordan family.....Banner.




Olivia loved loved loved the dog.  She would throw her hands up and squeal in excitement every time she was around him.  Perhaps we need to get a puppy....;)














On our way to the airport we got to spend one more night at Kaylynn & Garrett's house and visit them at school.  It was so much fun!  Olivia loved seeing all of the big kids and had a great time playing on the playground during recess.

Garrett asked if he could "show Olivia to his class". He told all about her and was smiling from ear to ear!  It was a proud moment on both an aunt and a mom level!
Kaylynn showed Olivia all of the fun stuff in her desk.  The calculator was the big hit!

Andy and I overheard a group of boys walk by us and say "man, I keep seeing that guy and thinking that is my dad!"  haha!   I still laugh when I think about that moment. 

Then we loaded up in Papa's pick-up truck and headed to airport.  Another great trip to Indiana was done....we can't wait for next time!

2 comments:

Cay said...

Ha, I just love the recap-photo's and stories! And those video's..what a hoot :)!!

Kristina said...

Oh I loved the pictures of everyone and all the kids together!!! The house looks great! I can't wait to come up and see the finished product when I'm home! And to meet the newest member of the Jordan family, Banner! Maybe Winnie and Banner will have to become friends and have "playdates" since they will be neighbors soon! :)
Love you, miss you!