Who knows their name when we spell it out? Yep, that would be our girl! Okay, I'm going to have a proud mommy moment for a minute.....
It happened the other day while we were out to eat. I was helping her color and I wrote her name on the place mat. I said O-L-I-V-I-A when I was done and she looked up and me and said 'Aiya' (her word for Olivia). We thought it was a fluke, so we tested it the next day. From across the room, Andy spelled the letters of her name and she looked over at him and said 'Aiya'. We were amazed!
I always write her name out for her when she is coloring, but I don't drill her on it or anything. I am completely amazed at what she picks up on without direct teaching; when I don't even think she is paying attention. She is impressionable, that's for sure!
5 comments:
Amazing!! O you are soo smart!! I must give a lot of credit to that wonderful and smart mommy you have for being such a good teacher even when she doesn't realize it!! Wish I could see you both soon!!
Way to go little lady! A child prodigy in the making. : )
It is amazing what children learn while we don't think we are "teaching".....observant little things aren't they! YEAH OLIVIA :)
And I can vouch for this - I heard it with my own ears. Gee what a smart granddaughter we have, Cay. But, why aren't we surprised?
No surprise from her Aunt Cathy either! Keep amazing them little lady. Miss you!!
Post a Comment