Sunday, December 26, 2010

whirlwind.

The past few weeks have been a total blur around here!  We have had baby sickness, adult sickness, leaving Olivia for the first time while we went on a week long trip to Jamaica (I will post all about the fun, and the anxiety of leaving her behind, so don't worry!), hosting and attending Christmas celebrations, last minute shopping, a big Santa delivery to a deserving Baby Girl, and sending Andy off on deployment.  

I suppose I will do things in rewind over the next few days.  I will begin with today. 
We said good-bye to Andy this morning at the airport.  Surprisingly, it wasn't as sad as it has been in the past.  I didn't have a toddler to care for during the previous four deployments, so I guess my emotions were more focused on me and my hurting heart back then.  However, this time my heart just hurts for Andy and the memories he will miss over the next few months.  It also hurts for Baby Girl because  'dada' has really become a favorite person of hers lately.  However, modern technology will keep the three of us more connected than other deployments, so that is a huge bonus. 

 Now that Baby Girl is asleep, I am about to tackle the Christmas tree and the disaster that has become our house!  What is it about the holidays that make everything so messy?!  However, before I go I ask that you say a quick prayer for all of the families that were without their loved ones this holiday season.  So many of our military spend more time away from their family than with them and I don't think that is recognized enough. As much as we hated to say goodbye the morning after Christmas, it was a huge blessing to have Andy around this holiday season while so many of our friends were already overseas.

God bless our military members,
 and the little hearts they leave behind.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Thinking of you today and over the next few months. It is hard, but having Miss O will make the time go fast. I hope you 3 had a wonderful Christmas together.

Cay said...

Little hearts, big hearts, hearts from far away - they all ache in different ways for daddies, mommies, and little ones; consider yourselves hugged ()()()()

Kristina said...

My heart goes out to you both, and everyone that did not have a chance to be with their families during holidays. Miss you much and need to catch up soon missy!!