Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"bay-beee"


taking baby on a stroll....
with her backpack of supplies, too!
 Olivia has been completely into her baby dolls the last few days!  It is so adorable. 

Both last night and tonight I took a look at the monitor after I came downstairs from tucking her in and I witnessed the sweetest thing.  She had crawled to the other end of the crib and was tucking her baby in!  She spent about 3-5 minutes both nights adjusting multiple blankets around her baby and patting her on the head and belly.  When she felt satisfied that Baby was all tucked in she then went back to the end of the crib she likes to sleep at and laid down to go to sleep!  ha.  It was just so precious. 



holding her freshly swaddled baby while watching a show
During the day a lot of her play is centered around Baby - asking for me to change her clothes, putting her in and out of her high chair, wrapping baby up on blankets, feeding her, kissing her, pushing her in the stroller and shopping cart, and just carrying her around.  I'm not sure where this love for Baby came from because we have never pushed it on her, but she sure does love to play "mother".  I pray that we are raising a girl with a sweet soul and from the looks of it she is off to a great start!

when she can't go outside, she pushes her all around the house.

Also, she was so passionate about eating her spaghetti at dinner last night that I had to take a video!  Keep in mind, this was her second helping so she wasn't starving or anything!  You will see that I keep asking her what she's eating to get her to talk, but she is so focused she doesn't make a sound!

Dinner with Olivia from Stephanie Allen on Vimeo.

2 comments:

kaceyleigh said...

Looks like she'll be a great help if/when baby #2 comes along! SO sweet!

Cay said...

HA...that video is a hoot! What a sweety w/her babydoll; reminds me of the hours spent over the years at our house with babies/strollers and kitchen sets :) Love Mom