Monday, February 7, 2011

where, oh where, have I been?

We are in the start of week number 3 on our month long trip to visit my family and friends in Indiana.  I did not bring my computer along and am starting to feel a bit out of touch.  My Blackberry helps me stay connected some, but its not so great for updating the blog! 

Know that we are having a great time and Olivia is loving playing with her cousins, aunts, uncles, and Nana/Papa. My middle sister is here with her three kids and her trip has been extended by over a week due to the blizzard, ice, and snow, so we have loved spending all of our time together. The kids are a challenge at times (3y, 23 mo, 23 mo, and 19 mo), but it is fun chaos!  Personally, I have enjoyed having some help with Olivia and feeling like I'm a part of my family's daily lives again.  For example, tonight we get to watch my eleven year-old niece play a basketball game.  It has been years since I've been around for that.  And tomorrow my nine year-old nephew has a soccer game!  Hooray! 

Olivia has been experiencing lots of new things on this trip: sledding, making snowballs, wrestle time!, Papa's daily ice cream treats, what things like syrup and ketchup are! (thanks to her cousins), drinking the leftover milk from her cereal bowl, Papa's baby pigs, and other neat things!  I know she will miss all of the activity for sure when we get back to Charleston.

I may try and get a few pictures up via my sister's computer in the next day or two!  Prepare yourself for the cuteness overload of cousin love!  Hope y'all are well out there in blog world!

2 comments:

Cay said...

It's so neat that you 3 girls are able to spend some time together, even if we're over here in Rensselaer working! Looking forward to your return in a few days :) Mom & Dad

Deb said...

Hope you get to post some pictures soon. Grandma and Grandpa are missing their pictures!!!!