Wednesday, April 13, 2011

month 21 (and all of the others that I've missed)

Tomorrow Baby Girl turns 22 months old.  Not sure how that happened, but it did!  Ahhh!  Now to recap her current skills for the baby book.  I'm not motivated for categories, so here is a list as things come to mind.  And no pictures this entry....I've put all of the recent cuteness on here already.  Basically, I am out of material! ha.

Height: at least 33 inches, but not too sure
Weight: 28 lbs
-has started eating less and less and some days flat out refuses breakfast
-is my "milk hound" as she is always always always trying to pressure me into giving her more milk
-bedtime is between 7:30 and 8 and she sleeps for 12 hours (however, we still have some night wakings here and there, but I'd rather forget about those so I won't document how bad they have actually been on occasion over the past few months)
-walks, runs, jumps, balances on one foot
-repeats a majority of the words I say over the course of the day
-uses lots of 2 word combinations and an occasional 3 or 4 word combination (examples from today "dada truck home" and "baby night-night bed")
-still refers to herself as "Aiya" and will say her name to indicate she wants to do something herself
-counts to ten independently (although she likes to start with 7 for some reason! ha)
-attempts to sign her "ABC's" while we sing them....we will get there eventually!
-makes marks on her chalkboard/paper, while saying the letters I-V-I-A, (always in that order) followed by "Aiya" while 'writing' her name....if I could only get her to put those first 2 letters on there she would actually be verbally spelling her name!
-would prefer to play outside all day, every day
-can blow bubbles using the bubble wand
-loves to ride in Andy's truck (ie., sobs and throws herself on the ground when she can't ride along with him)
-is still a Mommy's girl
-takes one nap a day for an average of 2 hours (goes down around 12:30)
-Sarah across the street is still her best friend
-screams and tries to run away while getting dressed on most days...ugh
-serves us plate after plate of food from her kitchen set
-loves to color and draw on her chalkboard
-is very affectionate to her toys (ie., is often seen kissing her baby dolls, books, and animals)
-becomes very concerned when she sees someone crying, whether it be on TV or in real life
-hates having her teeth brushed
-loves to dance
-responds to the "Boiler Up" Purdue chant with "toot toot" (this is SO cute and proves that she is a true Boilermaker at heart!)
-often talks about our family members that live far away
-likes to have Andy and I kiss and hug (she will literally push us together or say "mama hug/kiss" when Andy is kissing her to indicate she wants him to kiss/hug me too.....the little matchmaker;)
-when asked what she is thankful for during prayer she always says "daddy" (some cute things she's said have been water, bread, airplanes, truck-meaning Andy's, kitty, Sarah, baby, and cheese).  I love this part of the day because I just never know what she is going to say.  However, she has never mentioned mommy :(

Favorites:
foods: grapes, cheese, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, Goldfish, turkey hot dogs
drink: milk
books: Blue hat, green hat, Where is baby's mommy?, lift the flap books, Goodnight Moon, Counting Kisses, and any book of animal pictures
words: (as in I hear these all day long) mama, uh-oh, outside, truck, hi, Emily (the neighbor), daddy, airplane
-funny things she says: "hey you" while pointing her finger at you (thanks to Nana!), "mmm good" when she likes what she is eating, "alright alright alright", and "heavy" while carrying something big or heavy, like her step-stool
things: animals of any kind, her baby dolls, her kitchen set, books, balls, puzzles, shoes, airplanes, jumping on the trampoline
shows: Dora the Explorer, Curious George, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Baby Einstein videos
songs: Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes, Wheels on the Bus, Hot Dog (Mikey theme song), Jesus Loves Me, and If you're happy and you know it.

Signs she knows: mommy, daddy, baby, kiss, teddy bear, bath, all done, please, thank you, bathroom, car, friend, cereal, milk, water, drink, eat, bib, blanket, sleep, phone, hurt, help, dog, cat, elephant, duck, bird, book, stop, go, more, diaper, cookie, hot  (and probably a handful of others that aren't coming to mind)

No comments: