Well, it didn't really play out exactly as the title suggests! Howeeeever, I have been
harassing mentioning to Andy for
years how much I'd like an Iphone. The first excuse was that we'd have to switch carriers; which lost all strength when Verizon finally got the Iphone. The remaining excuses were very valid.....I didn't
need a new phone, we shouldn't spend the money, what type of phone I have doesn't make my life any more full, etc. etc. I even tried to have Andy's co-workers and friends work on him to convince him of why his wife
needed an Iphone! Nothing seemed to change his view and since I don't make any monetary contributions to our family right now, I decided to let it go and be happy with my Blackberry. I continued living my life with slight phone envy of anyone having an Iphone.
***I should mention here that technology and phone type is not something that matters to my husband. For a majority of the time I was
begging asking about an Iphone, he was using an archaic cell phone that we had re-vived out of Olivia's toy box. True story....his phone broke so we took the one from Olivia that my mom had given for her to play with. It didn't even take or receive pictures. Texting was the old-school "hit each number until the letter of your choice appears" type. None of this bothered him. It made and received calls, so he was content.....end of story!***
Fast forward to August 29, 2011 and I gave birth to Carter Louis!! Apparently something in his mind switched in regards to the
push present phenomenon that I had
casually mentioned to him a few weeks prior. (strategic move on my part? no one will ever know;)
Whatever happened worked out in my favor because a few days after Carter's birth, I became a proud owner of one of these......
Hold still my beating heart!! I am an Iphone owner!! I LOVE it! If I had known that all I needed to do was give birth to our son, then I would have gotten pregnant long long ago ;)
Thanks, Andy, for such a sweet and AWESOME present. The tears I shed when I opened the box were not postpartum hormones; they were pure joy and shock!! Thanks for letting me indulge in this unnecessary, yet so amazing, luxury! I love you (and my Iphone.....and our son;)
p.s. EVERY woman deserves a 'push present'! =)
p.p.s. I am aware of the irony of me getting time to type this post on the day after
Steve Jobs' death. May he rest in peace.
1 comment:
Heading to the ATT store tomorrow to reserve the iPhone 4s for Johnny & me. It will be my first as well - and also the result of a second child. Amazing apps that I know will change my life. ;-) Enjoy yours!
Post a Comment