It is just before 8pm, Andy is flying, and both babies are already sleeping! (insert applause here.)
However, we did not get here without a fight......
Olivia is wearing her new pink tennis shoes and a princess dress over her pajamas, refused to get her hair washed in the tub, poured pee all over the bathroom floor while trying to dump her own potty, and nearly crushed Carter's skull while hugging him goodnight.
Carter got most of his nursing while I cleaned up aforementioned pee, struggled with hair washing, and searched for a princess dress. (Breastfeeding mothers really should have a special place in Heaven, but the way.) He is currently sleeping in the swing rather than his bed for now because he was already snoozing by the time I got Big Sister into the bed, and I am not going to risk moving him to his bed and waking him. He will wake eventually to eat again.....and, frankly, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet!
We have a short week at home this week as we are going to Cathy's house for the long weekend to enjoy a visit with my sister Kelly and her two kids while they visit for Fall Break! We plan to do the zoo, a Halloween festival, carve pumpkins, and let Kaylynn and Garrett entertain the little ones! Ohhh, and to make things even more exciting I just got a text from Mom that she is tagging along!! Hooray! I can confidently say that I will not have to worry about holding our son this weekend......between Kelly, Mom, and Cathy they will have it under control! Now if I could figure out a way for them to take care of that early morning feeding ;)
Happy Monday night!
I think I will go and enjoy a big bowl of ice cream! yummy!
(p.s. my post-baby diet hasn't really began yet;)
1 comment:
Sound like the perfect grandchildren to me, and I can't wait to be in on the action :) Love MOM
Post a Comment