We made an Oreo cake from scratch....both the cake and the frosting!....that I had found on Pinterest. While tasty, I'm not convinced it was a whole lot better than the kind I typically stir up out of the box. But birthdays are special, so they require extra effort!
However, the batter was DELICIOUS! That could have something to do with all of the butter, sugar, and buttermilk that we mixed up........yummy! No skimping on calories around here! I put Olivia to work crushing the Oreos that we spread all around the sides of the cake. She said it was "hard work"! Oh, sweet girl, we need to toughen you up!
The next step was decorating the birthday banners and making Daddy's card. She diligently colored for a good 15 minutes, which is like a half a days work in toddler time!
I had to scratch out the "I love you" that I wrote on his card from the kids and change it to "we". Carter is easy to forget on days where he just eats, sleeps, coos and smiles! However, crisis averted and Carter got his rightful shout-out on Daddy's birthday card! Olivia even signed his name for him ;)
Then it was time for presents! We bought him a pull up bar to mount in the garage. Let the obsession with Crossfit begin again........
The party ended with an adorable rendition of 'Happy Birthday' and the candle blowing (the highlight for Olivia....she talked about it all day!).
Happy birthday, Andy! I hope your day was special! Olivia, Carter, and I love you very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment