Tuesday, March 6, 2012

weekend recap.

We bought a fire pit this weekend and we are excited about the many evenings we can spend toasting marshmallows and roasting hot dogs!  Andy got it all put together Sunday afternoon so we tested it out.  (Sorry for the poor quality of pictures once it got dark; we only had my phone outside.)











I love haivng this boy snuggled in on my lap!


We really enjoyed ourselves until it was time to come in and something happened to set Olivia off.  I think it had something to do with wanting to play with my phone and not being allowed to, or having to take a bath, or not getting to open the door herself.  Who really knows?!  Honestly, though, some days it doesn't really matter what she gets or doesn't get; tantrums are just inevitable...... 

Prepare yourselves if you watch this - it is a true image of what life is like with our 2.5 year old right now.  Warning: if you don't have kids and still want to in the future, I recommend skipping it ;)  She has been especially trying lately and we are doing our best to work through it!  I know she is not the first child to throw tantrums, but it is still soooo hard!  And, just in case you were wondering, she did not get what she wanted.  Mommy can be just as stubborn as she is!

_______________________________

However, I don't want to end on such a dramatic (yet realistic.....we could really use some prayer!) vibe!  We also spent some time at my sister's this past weekend and are getting packed up to visit North Carolina later this week!  Olivia is SOOO excited to fly on an airplane!  However, she thinks we are flying on a C-17 and may be disappointed when Daddy is not the pilot! ha.
lunch at Red Robin!  yummy!
Drew and Jordan got scooters for their birthday and
Olivia LOVED riding on them, too!
Happy Tuesday!  Both kiddos are sleeping so I'm going to tackle some laundry and dishes! fun fun ;)

2 comments:

Cay said...

Sure to be many house of backyard enjoyment! and on another note- Olivia looks like she just did not want her mommy video taping her at that paticular moment!! And on page 2 of that other note, I know for a fact HER mommy could do a much better job of fit-throwing back in her day (heehee!!)
LOVE YOU!!!!
Mom :)

Kelly said...

I feel like I'm watching a video of Lucy yesterday....wish you still lived here so we could share disciplining stories and tips :(