All posts won't be this long, but we have a lot to share!!
We have been on a whirlwind the last week and a half. We have slept in 4 different cities, been on 5 different airplanes, and made two 5 hour dives. We began by traveling to Denver for the wedding for our friends, George and Stephanie. What a great time we had! Andy was a groomsman and we got to spend time with his parents, as well as with some of his high school friends.
Andy cut loose and enertained us all (and himself, I am sure) by spending the majority of the night on the dance floor. Staying true to my dancing roots, I joined in on the fun! What fun is a wedding reception when it is not spent on the dance floor?!


Being the southern gentelman that he is, Andy was sure to rub my aching feet at the end of the night. I am not sure a man can ever understand the pain that is caused from a night of walking and dancing on those "I just had to get them" high heels! Awww, how sweet he is to me!

Our Denver trip was cut a day short for the sad news that my Grandpa Jordan had passed away back in Indiana. We were able to change our flights (thanks to my mother-in-law) and get back to Indiana for some much needed time with my family. Despite the sad occasion, we got to spend some quality time with my family. Andy was even introduced to farm work by helping my dad "cut" (you farm friends will know what that means!) a pen full of pigs. The confusion started with Dad's first instruction of "Okay, sort the boars from the gilts". That makes perfect sense to me, but to my city-bred husband, he knew he was in trouble! However, he was a good sport and made it through without any lasting scars! haha. Maybe now he can understand how I spent so many of my weekends growing up. Below is a picture of the sons-in-law after their bonding experience with Dad and the pigs =) It makes me smile just to think about it!

Our travels were interrupted by a night in our own bed and a day of work, and then we were back on the road to Atlanta for a continuing education conference I had signed up for long before I knew that we would have to re-route through Indiana on our way home from the wedding. I sat in class for 2 1/2 days and Andy watched TV in the hotel room, claiming the entire time that he was a "Hurricane Hannah refugee"! I didn't have the heart to tell him she was only considered a tropical storm! 
However, we did squeeze in a Braves game and enjoyed some baseball and beer, which was a nice ending to our whirlwind travels of the past 2 weeks. It feels good to be home and we don't plan on traveling anywhere anytime soon.....well, until next month, that is!
1 comment:
OH I love it!!!!!! I'm so excited to read about your adventures!!! Miss you, was great to see you both, Love you lots!
Kristina
Post a Comment