I will start this blog entry by saluting our friends DeDe and Jamil for creating such a beautiful baby boy! His name is Gabriel and he will be two weeks old on Tuesday. We have visited the little guy several times; he is just perfect and will be a wonderful addition to our circle of friends. Congratulations!
Our family adventures haven't been quite as exciting as their's over the last few weeks, but there are a few events worth mentioning.
First of all, I have been accused of playing 'Naked Chef ' over and over this past week due to a second degree burn about 1 1/2 inches below my belly button. I had an encounter with boiling water splashing out of a pan on the stove, not something I would EVER recommend, and ended up melting my skin off in a nasty burn about the size of a silver dollar. The wound care nurse takes good care of me at work (a definate perk to being in the healthcare field) and I am well on my way to recovery. However, I do feel obligated to clarify that I was, in fact, fully clothed!! Boiling water can apparently soak right through a tank top and burn you as badly as it wants! Everyone has had fun teasing me about it though, and since that particular joke is really the only way to find any humor in the situation, I have allowed them! I would post a picture, but I doubt y'all want to see it.
We enjoyed 'Military Night' at the Charleston Battery soccer game last weekend, as well. I don't know anything about the sport, but I am always up for a night out, especially when it involves free admission! There was a military display at the game and I climbed inside the miniature C-17 for a fun photo. Andy declined to join in on the "fun"......I chalked that up to his loss =)
Thanks for checking in on us and have a GREAT week!
1 comment:
gorgeous baby:) not sure about that "chef" story though! Indiana Mom
Post a Comment