This past Saturday Vanessa and I went strawberry picking! This was a first for me and it was very enjoyable. It wasn't as intense as I had imagined (for some reason I was envisioning a tractor ride, an aching back, and lots of sweat). Perhaps my farm roots have tainted my vision of anything involving crops and the spring. We merely took our baskets and walked along chatting about life while we picked out the best berries we could find!
Vanessa was going to make a strawberry pie and chocolate covered strawberries, which I am sure turned out excellent. As for me, I could never find the motivation to make anything special so I have just been eating mine for snacks all week. Yum, yum, yum!!! Summer is right around the corner!

4 comments:
where did you go? Boone Hall? I used to pick Strawberries every summer in Michigan and it spoiled me... I'm super picky about store-bought strawberries, and I would LOVE to go pick some myself!!
We went to a small farm in Summerville/Knightsville. I can get you the info if you would like. I was the passenger so I have no idea how to get there.
The kids and I went up there and picked too. They are soooo good. Need to go back when the boys get home so they can do the picking! I have overflowing baskets in my fridge...chocolate covered sounds good
that sounds fantastic! can you shoot me the info also...maybe B and I can go for an outing ;o) Enjoyed seeing you yesterday, you looked lovely!
Post a Comment