Friday, February 19, 2010

Night Two

Night Two
February 18, 2010
6:55pm - 4:35am: baby sleeping peacefully, mommy thinks "score, we missed the 1-3am wake-up!"
4:36am: baby begins to wimper/cry out softly, noted to be snuggled up on belly with bottom in the air, this continues on and off for about 15 minutes
4:51: mommy decides to go in and give some love pats to help re-settle
4:52: baby noted to seem hot, temperature taken (100.6) with congestion noted
4:53: all sleep training plans are officially off for the night! tylenol given, nursing, snuggling, and loving provided
4:54 - 7:28am: baby up twice in this time frame and comforting provided each time (even though fever noted to be gone) because mommy's must always snuggle when baby isn't feeling well......

SCORE:  Baby Girl 2; Mommy zero

p.s. thanks for the supportive comments thus far!

3 comments:

Cay said...

Sad that Olivia wasn't feeling well...are there some teeth on the horizon? an ear infection brewing? some lets see if I can still control mommy thoughts? or, I know somethings different b/c daddy doesn't show up feelings? Not much that is more difficult than listening to your baby cry for you...good thing you checked in on her huh....love Mom

The Moons said...

I have learned...if I wake up in the middle of the night and look at the clock, do NOT let the entire thought of "they've slept so good tonight" enter your head...EVERY time will result in the child waking within the next couple of minutes! I don't understand. Now when I wake up I go...hmmm it's 4:30, that is all I need to see, goodnight :) I push out all Taylor thoughts so I don't send her the "wake up" message haha!

Deb said...

I think the score is baby girl - 2 and mommy - 2. You did the right thing both times and Olivia is being exactly what she is - a baby who needs her mommy.