Saturday, February 13, 2010

well, it happened...

....the SNOW that is!! 

We got about four inches at our house and that is a big deal considering we can be to the beach in fifteen minutes!  It stuck overnight on the grass and trees and was a beautiful sight.  According to Rob Fowler (the local weatherman) the last time we had snow accumulate like this was 1989.  Since Andy and I were both eight at that time, I would say that the snow we witnessed last night was historic.  It was even exciting to me and I grew up with winter that drug on and on and on with snow. 

Olivia wasn't too sure of it. I think her bottom was getting cold, but I subjected her to the snow and the camera, none the less.  


Just as I subjected her to the cold snow, I will now subject you (my faithful blog stalkers) to a ridiculous amount of pictures of the historical event.  And, to all of my northern friends and family, before you roll your eyes and think I am nuts for getting so excited about a few inches of snow, remember this is Charleston, not Indiana! 



This snowfall was indeed a BIG deal!








1 comment:

Cay said...

I think Olivia likes the snow-maybe she could be an Indiana girl after all :) No matter what anyone says, there IS something magical about a snowfall :)Love Mom