Wednesday, June 16, 2010

party on!

In honor of making it through Olivia's first year we celebrated with friends and family this past weekend.  It was a cupcake and polka dot theme!  So fun!  
I love to plan and host parties, so planning her first birthday was a labor of love!  There is just something about having a houseful of friends that makes my heart flutter!  So even though our guest list was a little larger than first planned (I would never want anyone to feel left out!), the celebration went off just as I had envisioned.  Besides, I grew up with a very large extended family so 65 guests felt like a regular ol' holiday celebration to me.  No sweat off my back!

Your baby girl only turns one once, right?! 

Amazingly delicious favors thanks to THIS tutorial at bakerella.com
Olivia with Nana and Papa (above) & Grandma and Grandpa (below)

Birthday cake from Stephanie Allen on Vimeo.


FYI: I highly recommend using Dimpleprints off of Etsy. She designed the invitations, favor tags, and cupcake toppers and was very easy to work with!

4 comments:

Jennifer Baker said...

Love, love, LOVE the cupcake and polka dot theme! Happy Birthday, again, to Miss Olivia...looks like you guys had loads of fun! Still can't believe it's been a year. FYI, I saw a kewpie doll today and thought of you guys! ;) Hope all is well!

Jill said...

It was a fabulous party! sorry again that we ducked out early. Looks like she got lots of great stuff!

Mandy & Jared said...

Thanks so much for posting pictures!!! So sad we had to miss it but looks like it was an AMAZING party as I knew it would be!! Is that Jordan coming in at the end of the video?

Erin said...

Looks like it was a blast, love the theme- very cute!!! She is such a cutie too!! Happy Birthday to Olivia!