Tuesday, June 28, 2011

living the good life.

We have been living up to the title of our blog lately.  There has been visits from friends and family, days at the beach, dinners out downtown Charleston, a RiverDogs baseball game, and quality time spent at home. 
Last night a few girlfriends invited me out to dinner as sort of a last "girls night" before we move.  It was very sweet of them and I totally enjoyed my evening with Kacey, Rachel, and Carlin.  To make the evening even more special, they threw me a surprise baby shower by bringing balloons, cupcakes, and a sweet gift!  How great are my friends?!  I felt so loved!
Oh, the yummy goodness from
Cupcake!
I will miss these smiling faces :(
 Olivia had a play date with Sarah yesterday.  Once she got over the terror of having to share her toys (that has been extreme lately! ugh.), the two of them had a great time!  We are trying to squeeze in as much time with Sarah (and her sweet family) as we can in the next 2 weeks.


We also tried a new banana blueberry bread recipe that I saw on my sorority sister's blog.  Check out her adventures with her two sweet boys on the right.  She is new to blogging and I added her to my blogroll!  The bread was tasty (thanks, Erin!) and, as always, Olivia enjoyed helping me bake!


We went to the RiverDogs game last Saturday night.  It was military appreciation night (free tickets!) and our friend Justin (Kacey's husband) was doing the C-17 fly-over after the national anthem. Double reason to have a night out with friends!  I forgot to take my camera, so there is no pictures of the fun, but I do have to share a funny story.  Olivia was obsessed with the dog mascot through the first few innings.  It was all she talked about and so Andy decided to take her over to meet him when he saw that he had made his way from the field into the stands.  Well, Olivia kept pointing and excitedly saying "puppy".  However, as the dog started getting close to them Olivia began shaking, screaming at the top of her lungs, and covering her ears!  She was scared to death :(  Poor thing. When they finally made their way back to where I was sitting, she was still shaking and crying.  Andy said he has never had her cling so tightly to him!  However, she still talks about that dog every single day!  Despite her fear, she is still obsessed with him!   Good thing we have a few months before Santa ;)

Have a good night!

1 comment:

e said...

Thanks for the shout out! Hope you enjoyed the bread. Olivia looks like she had fun helping. :-)