Sunday, July 3, 2011

a fine, fine weekend!

Today was our final Sunday in Charleston as a family.  Olivia and I will still be here next Sunday, but Andy will be driving his truck to Altus.  So even though we still have another weekend left here, the reality that the time left with our dear friends is limited has hit close to my heart.   However, we've had a wonderful few days!  Lots of friendship and fun!
Saturday was beach day!  Olivia had a wonderful time playing with the Pinkerton boys and I wondered what we are going to do when we can't waste days away at the beach anymore!  I call it my "built in babysitter" because Olivia loves the sand and water so much that it is almost more relaxing to be there with her than to entertain her at home.  I discovered my camera battery was dead when we got there (and I nearly cried!), so all we have to show of this wonderful day is a couple of shots from my phone.
Jacob sharing his goldfish with Olivia.

saying goodbye to my sweet friend Audrey from work
_______________________________________
Today was a very special day!  Gillian, our third god-child, was dedicated at her church!  The Liegl's have been such a source of support and love to us while we lived here in Charleston.  They were some of our first friends when we moved here, and we have been through so many things over the past six years.  Olivia loves all three of these kids and she will surely miss them when we move (no doubt Andy and I will, too!).

a rare family photo.

After nap time today, we headed out for a concert in the park.  We joined friends, shared lots of yummy food, and discovered that our daughter loves concert music!  As soon as the music started she kept creeping closer and closer trying to see what was going on (our tent was behind the music stage) and clapping at the end of every song!  ha.  No one else in our group was paying much attention to the music, but Olivia noticed each time a song was over!  Andy decided to take her around to see the stage and listen.  When I ventured that way, this is what I found.....a girl and her daddy sitting front row!




 Back at the tent, Olivia had no problem relaxing....
and indulging in one of her favorite foods...



And, we took another family photo!  Two in one day is most definitely a record!



1 comment:

Cay said...

I just love your week-end pictures, esp. the one of Olivia slumped in the lawn chair- hilarious!! All those good-bye's are so hard for you I know. You will always remember this paticular group of people and keep them near and dear in your heart.
Can't wait till your Indiana bound :)