We hosted at our house this year and I loved every minute of it! My heart was indeed thankful, just as our mantle indicates......
A lot of firsts happened this year......I made a turkey, (thanks go out to Pioneer Woman whose tutorials and recipes helped build my confidence and made me feel like a true cook!)
I made a pie crust and a cheesecake from scratch,
Olivia had a holiday feast and program at her school, (I got teary over this fact, which we all know isn't a first;) She looked adorable in her turkey hat, don't you think?
and I consumed several bottles of wine while cooking up the feast. Well, maybe that's not a first either, but that's not the point of this post ;) So, lets move on......
Andy's parents drove all the way from North Carolina to join us for the holiday (I will blog more about that soon with lots of pictures!), my sister and her family came down from Oklahoma City, and our friends the Blums and the Wests joined from a few streets over here in Altus. It was fabulous! Seventeen in all, but I think we could have squeezed in a few dozen more! The more the merrier, right?!
| Olivia checks out the table! Look at all that food!! |
| the kids table |
| the adult table |
| Cathy's Andy gets serious carving the turkey while my Andy looks on |
| the play set got lots of use! |
| Carter looking like a BIG boy! Oh, how I love this sweet boy. |
Now, lets set our eyes onto Christmas (and find that TV remote!!!!!!)
1 comment:
We had such a fabulous time sharing Thanksgiving with you! I hope we can do it again in the future...
And I hope that my toddler was not the hider of the remote! Sheesh!
Post a Comment