Monday, Carter had been at Mom's Day Out for about 15 minutes when I got a call from the director. I figured it was to talk about him pushing his friends, which had been the hot topic when I picked him up on Thursday! Fun stuff. However, this time wasn't about 2 year olds and their tendency to push when they feel their toys are in danger of being snatched.
Instead he had fallen and cut his eye open on the chair or table leg. He was calm by the time she called, and the bleeding was under control, but she thought I should come take a look.
So Carter and I took yet another trip to the ER to get his eyebrow glued shut.
This is his 5th trip to the ER in his 24 months of life; a average of 1 every 4.8 months! Crazy boy! His list of discharge diagnoses include: 3 dislocated elbows, 1 closed head trauma, and 1 eye laceration. Let's hope he can soon begin to take after his sister, who has never been to the hospital (minus her start of life in the Level 2 NICU)
He seems no worse for wear and was running, jumping, and pulling the steri-strips off almost immediately :)

No comments:
Post a Comment