Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Major Daddy!

Side note: I'm playing catch-up from my lazy summer of no blogging, so I will be posting important events that happened as I get time.  I want to be sure certain things make it on here for the time when I finally print this blog into a book.

Earlier this summer Andy was promoted to major! If you remember, last year we got word that he was a Major-Select. Then we just had to wait for it to be time for his number to come up for his actual promotion.   Finally, after a much longer wait than normal due to government cutbacks, he was able to pin on the brown oak leaves.  Wahoo!!




We are proud of him and had a fun time celebrating his accomplishments!  His mom made the trip out for the ceremony and we are so happy she was here!  We also had many friends from church come out to support us, which meant so much.  There was definitely lots to celebrate!

The kids and I got to do the actual "pinning on", which actually involves us pulling off his captain rank that was scotched taped over his new major rank.  Very high tech :)   Olivia was scared of the crowd, but she stayed up front with us, which is all we asked for.  Andy's boss at the time (the Ops Group Commander) had some very nice things to say and then Andy spoke a bit.  I was a proud wife; still am, actually.
Olivia is still disappointed that her Daddy's new "flowers" aren't pink, but I know Andy is glad they are brown!  Congratulations, Andy.  I am blessed to have you as a husband and partner in life, and have nothing but pride when I think of your accomplishments.  Next step.....Lt. Col ;)

No comments: