....be a mother, that is.
You ever have one of those days? The day where you totally rocked it? No matter what you did, you did it well? Well, I had that feeling today. I was driving home from Gymboree open gym with our happy toddler in the backseat and I thought, "I was born to do this"!
I have found my true calling. I was born to be a mother! I love everything about it. Sure, there are moments of stress and doubt and missing my old life, but I'm not going to think about those right now! All that is filling my mind is the amazing blessing of being a mother! I would have a whole brood if I had a willing husband! (not Duggar style or anything, I haven't lost my mind) I can just envision our house bustling with children and my entire backseat filled with smiling faces (and of course they are smiling, this is my fantasy after all!)
I have always admired moms and dads because I knew they had their hands full raising up little people. However, I thought that it mostly just included bathing them, feeding them, changing them, and a little bit of discipline here and there ;) Now I have a whole new perspective on the issue because the truth is that as a mother you are actually raising a human being! Not only do I have to keep her fed and clean, but it is my responsibility to fill her heart with kindness, compassion, determination, respect, and love (just to name a few!) Wow! What a task.
Sometimes that task can be daunting, to say the least. However, today was a day where I felt inspired by the challenge. Who knows, maybe it was the amazing weather or maybe it was God speaking directly to my heart. But whatever it happened to be, I'll take it!
I hope that all of you mothers out there can have a day where you feel proud of what you do. Not just the "being a mother is rewarding" kind of attitude, but the "I totally rocked this job today" attitude! If it wasn't today, then maybe tomorrow will be your day.......and then blog about it so I can read it!
2 comments:
Amen! It is the best & hardest job there is.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Olivia is blessed to have you. : )
Love you and love this post! You are such a wonderful mother and I agree with Kacey, Olivia and any future children are so lucky to have you!!
Post a Comment