I just tried to put up a few photos for Wordless Wednesday, but blogger is being stubborn. So instead you get 'Wordy Wednesday'. ha. Sometimes I am even embarrassed by my sense of humor! Anywho, I thought y'all may want an update on our life!
SO much going on! (Even though I'm pretending that it isn't!)
1. We got renters for our house! Hooray! They want to move in ASAP, but we are holding them off until the end of the second week of July. We are really just waiting on our confirmed packing date from the movers to know when we will be out of our house. From our best estimation it will be sometime between July 8 - 13th. We just don't know. So, our big "leaving date" from Charleston is totally up in the air.
2. I've said a few goodbyes thus far and they are no fun at all. The first was to my hairdresser. Who gets emotional when you leave your hairdresser? Well, this girl did! ha. When we started talking about how long he'd been doing my hair and all that I'd gone through in my life (engagement, wedding, moving into our house, baby #1, baby #2) and how he'd been cutting and coloring my hair every step of the way, I got a bit emotional. I have serious issues, people. The second goodbye was today to a new friend I made through MOPS. She heads out of town tomorrow and will not be back before we move, so it was another goodbye marked in the books. I didn't even really know what to say, but I did get a little teary on the walk home from the pool. Pregnancy hormones and moving away from our home of 6 years don't seem to be mixing too well thus far......
3. I haven't even begun to prepare our house for the packers. To be honest, I don't even know what I'm supposed to do, so my approach as been to do nothing. I know I need to sort out what we are taking with us on our cross-country journey (so that it doesn't get packed), but we use most of that stuff daily, so I haven't started that project. I don't know if I'm supposed to take things off the walls and the shelves or leave that to the packers. I really don't have a clue. Therefore, I am continuing in the "I don't know any better" phase and frolicking off to the pool, the beach, and various play dates while I can. I'm sure this will all come back to bite me in the you-know-what, but I'm cool with that for now ;)
4. My friend Amy's baby is doing as well as they can expect. They've taken her off the vent twice now, but always had to put her back on. Breathing on her own just isn't something her little 1 lb 11 oz body can handle right now. Prayers are still appreciated!
5. Olivia went pee in the potty last night!! It sort of just happened, so I went with it. I tried to put her on the potty again this morning, but she wanted nothing to do with it. Instead she went and got me a diaper and asked me to put it on. I felt it a few minutes later and, sure enough, she had wet in it! Oh well, last night was a proud moment none-the-less while watching her giggle and "ohhhh" as she realized she was peeing on the potty like a big girl! Small steps will be our mantra....
6. I have started to feel very very pregnant the past few weeks. The heat isn't helping. And lugging around a 30 pound toddler can take its toll as well, but I am doing my best. I wouldn't be surprised if this baby just fell right out though! I definitely feel more like 9 months pregnant rather than 7.5! Oh, the fun that is to come my way in the next few months during this move. Okay, I'm not going to think/talk about that anymore; it only makes me anxious.
7. I think I am going to catch a quick nap while Olivia is sleeping. Happy Wednesday and I will put up some pictures whenever blogger allows ;)
cheers,
stephanie.
4 comments:
Ok, is your mother going to have to come down and pack you up? Or your sister maybe? My mind travels back to your last days in Grad.School,& your family came to move you out & nothing (zip, naada, zero)had been packed, you do remember don't you? And then the big move from Indy to SC...well, you were abit more prepared as you were anxious to get there to see a certain gentleman! Nice to know "some things" never change :)
Ahh the memories!! Thanks mom for those, I seem to remember hearing about them :)
Pretty sure the packers do everything for you but at least try to go through some of the stuff you know you don't want to take...trash...junk drawers :)
You...emotional?!? Never!! Love you and can't wait to help you unpack all that stuff!
The packers will take things off your walls for you. You do need to set aside those "must haves" for the trek to OK. Make sure you empty your trash cans (twice movers have packed garbage, I mean really?!?!?), and pre pack anything that you want to take that they say the won't...candles was a big one for us, said they would melt on the boat (I have no idea why) They didn't and I didn't have to throw away or give away any of them since I had them packed in a box, and they just tossed that box in another box!
For the most part I have learned you really don't have to do much but stay out of the way. And having moved pregnant twice, the guys usually take pity on you and are super helpful. :)
GOOD LUCK!
if you need anything (like help packing or someone to watch/play with Olivia) i will be there! :o)
Post a Comment