I didn't have to wake her like I thought I would. She began to stir around 8am just as I was going to go in and get her. She wasn't really ready to get out of bed yet though, which she demonstrated by snuggling up with her blanket and retreating to the farthest corner of her crib! A corner which is very difficult for me to reach with my big belly and all ;)
| First day of MDO, August 2011 |
I didn't bombard her with "today is school!!!" when I went in and got her because she was already grumpy enough! Instead, we did our normal routine of a cup of milk and snuggling on the couch for a few minutes. Then I whispered "do you know where you get to go today?" and she whispered back "school" with a grin! Ahhh, success!
Getting out the door was relatively simple and I was able to snap the required "first day of school" picture out in front of the house! Andy looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned this, but I am sure he is the minority in not knowing that you must take a picture the first day of school each year! Mine growing up was always taken out in the driveway while waiting on the bus. I'm sure your family has their special place too. However, I've digressed....
Olivia impressed me with her eagerness to get into the building! She took off and I had to hustle to keep up (which actually isn't all that uncommon these days;)
| Please disregard my appearance. I know I had a terrible night of sleep and my hair was slicked back while still wet, but I had no idea I looked this rough this morning! eeks! |
| my view as I left her for the day |
Apparently she didn't sleep at all for the 2 hour nap time, but they said she did stay on her mat and quiet the entire time (really? my daughter laid quietly for 2 hours? I don't believe it!). Her spirits remained pretty good all afternoon and evening despite no nap, but we did put her to bed an hour earlier than normal tonight to try and make up for the lost sleep.
I am so happy that we decided to put her into this program, even if it does make her seem so grown up! However, school girl or not, I rocked her to sleep tonight......after all, she is still my baby ;)
1 comment:
Love the story and no surprise to those of us who love and adore her that she wanted to be the leader - it's in her genes!! I recall a newpaper photo from the first day of kindergarten where a "certain piggtailed girl" was the only brave one in the class with her hand raised wanting to talk :)
Love 'n Hugs....Mom/aka Nana
Post a Comment