Wednesday, January 13, 2010

photographer

I am the family photographer.  Always have been and always will be it seems.  I have asked Andy to make "I will take more pictures" one of his new year's resolutions for two years running now and he doesn't seem interested.  That is fine until I realize that I am in maybe 10% of our family pictures.  And those typically happen because I say, "please take our picture".  However, I digress.  This interest of mine has landed me a brand new camera!!  yahoo!!

I present to you the Nikon D5000.  After millions of reviews, I determined it was the one for me!

I have began to play and it is so much fun.  It is a bit of a love affair, I am afraid.  However, you all will reap the benefits!  Pictures, pictures, and more pictures.  So many pictures that I have already put our external hard drive to good use.  My laptop can only hold so much! 

Now I know I am complete novice, but I present to you a little photo session from earlier in the week.  I think you know my subject....we call her Baby Girl.












From the richness of the colors to the sharpness of the images.......it makes me all tingly inside!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GASP! I have been lusting over that camera myself, God forgive me. Grats, can't wait to see more!

Kristina said...

Congrats on the new camera!!! I also invested in a Nikon as well, not the D5000, think it was a step down. But totally love it!! You will definitely enjoy it! I have yet to read the user manual...maybe that's a good first step! Can't wait to see all the pics!

The Jordan's said...

Hooray for the new camera for Nana cannot get enough pictures of your favorite subject - bring 'em on!! As for Oliva, my gosh how a couple of weeks have changed that child - more hair, sitting alone -with a toy in her hands no less :) oh how I long to see you little missy...Hugs hugs and more hugs, Nana

The Jordan's said...

oops, so sorry baby girl..Nana does know how to spell your name -- OLIVIA

KB said...

We just got the Nikon D3000 and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! You have to do some close ups of baby girl...with the background all fuzzy. Those are fun to do, and check out the feature on the camera where you turn the photos black and white and do other edits before you even import to your computer. Good luck with it!