Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the right place at the right time...

Yesterday I attended my first MOPS group with a girlfriend.  I have been seeking out new ways to add some fellowship and 'me' time into my life ever since my usual Bible study group stopped meeting, and this was the perfect solution!  All of the women have young children and childcare is provided so we can have time to really focus on God's message and support one another in the challenges of mommyhood. 

The amazing part to me is not that I joined the group and met new friends (I am typically up for any new social adventure), but that the message yesterday seemed designed specifcally for me.  I know that God has ways of speaking to our hearts when we most need it, but it continues to amaze me every single time it happens!  Was it irony that this speaker happened to be rescheduled to speak on my first day there?  Was it simply luck that she said all the things I have been needing to hear?  I think not.  It was most definately God reminding me that He is is control and that I need to rely on His guidance to help me get through the tough times.  That fact alone helped take some of the 'mommy-weight" off my shoulders.....what a freeing feeling!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How awesome! Messages like that never fail to amaze me either.

Anonymous said...

Where did you go? I've been attending the one at Cooper River Baptist. I'm really going to miss it. There's not one near where we're moving.

Cay said...

AWESOME :)